Friday, September 7, 2012

FEAR

‘I firmly believe that you can do, have or be far more than you now know if only you could eliminate the fear, doubts and misgivings that consciously and unconsciously interfere with your realizing your full potential.” –Brian Tracy

“I think fear sometimes comes from a lack of focus or concentration especially in sports.” –Michael Jordan

“Most fear however, is rooted in ignorance. The more knowledge or skill you have in any area, the less fear it holds.” –Brian Tracy

"I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it is an illusion to me...failure always made me try harder next time." –Michael Jordan
"It's probably a big surprise to many of you that I am so insecure about success. In fact, it took me years to admit that fear is at the root of my performance. It goes against much of what the literature and 'gurus' out there insist, that you have to let go of your fear to ever be successful; that you can't be afraid to fail. I don't think that's an absolute. My fear of failing as a child carried over onto the football field in high school and then college. I was so concerned about not being successful that it pushed me to be successful.” –Jerry Rice

“I realized that if I was going to achieve anything in life I had to be aggressive. I had to get out there and go for it. I don’t believe you can achieve anything by being passive. I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it’s an illusion to me. That’s why my advice has always been to “think positive” and find fuel in any failure. Sometimes failure actually just gets you closer to where you want to be. I think fear sometimes comes from a lack of focus or concentration especially in sports.” –Michael Jordan