Monday, September 10, 2012

SELF-RESPECT

"Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself." -Abraham Heschel
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self." -Aldous Huxley
"Self-respect is a question of recognizing that anything worth having has a price." -Joan Didion
"We are all something, but none of us are everything." -Blaise Pascal
"Perhaps the most important thing we can undertake toward the reduction of fear is to make it easier for people to accept themselves, to like themselves." -Bonaro Overstreet



"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." -Frederick Douglass







"They cannot take away our self-respect if we do not give it to them." -Mohandas Gandhi
"To safeguard democracy the people must have a keen sense of independence, self-respect, and their oneness." -Mahandas Gandhi
"Whatever games are played with us, we must play no games with ourselves." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
"When I go into the garden with a spade, and dig a bed, I feel such an exhilaration and health that I discover that I have been defrauding myself all this time in letting others do for me what I should have done with my own hands." -Ralph Waldo Emerson