Monday, September 10, 2012

SYSTEM

"Systems have a greater impact on behavior than mission statements." -Andy Stanley

"A good system shortens the road to the goal." -Orison Swett Marden
“There are no short cuts to success. Some coaches in their eagerness to win quickly do not have the patience to work toward the refinement of their inherited theories and will switch to a system of play which has brought success to others. The change in system may bring initial success through the element of surprise, but it will not be a guarantee for lasting success.” -Pete Newell

“It is my philosophy, opinion, and method of coaching to try to develop a style of play and an approach that will keep our team in games, but I believe the kids win the games.” –Dick Bennett

"Management works in the system; Leadership works on the system." -Stephen Covey

“I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's; I will not reason and compare, my business is to create.” -William Blake